What is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is a work-based training programme designed to meet employers’ staff development needs, which lead to nationally recognised qualifications. Government funding is available to train both new and existing employees.
Because Apprenticeships have been designed by Sector Skills Councils representing businesses, the training will be relevant to your industry and your apprentice will develop the skills they need to support your business. There are over 250 types of Apprenticeship covering 1400 job roles, ranging from Accountancy to Marketing to Veterinary Nursing.
Apprentices for Business provides employers with the bespoke, tailored support they need to take on an apprentice. We have developed a service that will support employers through the process of recruiting an apprentice, including identifying the most suitable training and any appropriate financial incentives.
Working with a number of key local agencies, each a specialist within the Apprenticeship and employment field, Apprentices for Business provides a comprehensive service designed to meet the needs of employers without multi-agency confusion.
Is an apprentice the best solution for my business?
Our specialist staff will provide you with the advice you need to decide whether Apprenticeships are the answer to your business needs. If they are, we will help you choose the ‘framework’ that will give your apprentice the skills they need to improve their job performance and suggest which providers are best placed to meet your training needs.
How do I find the best person to become my apprentice?
Your vacancy will be advertised on a number of dedicated recruitment websites, including the NAS vacancies website and by our partners locally, at no cost to you. We will also work with our partners to ensure a pool of credible local candidates with the suitable experience, skills and potential apply. If you need support with short-listing, interviewing and choosing the best applicant, we can help with that too.
The Apprentices for Business
Apprentices for AMG Training offer you a bespoke package of support , including any or all of the services below:
- Identifying the best Apprenticeship framework to ensure your apprentice develops the skills you need
- Supporting with the recruitment and selection of your apprentice
- Providing access to our pool of job-ready candidates
- Promoting vacancies with key partners including Jobcentre Plus
- Employ the apprentice on your behalf and manage all their PAYE
- Identify and source the best organisation to deliver the training element of the Apprenticeship
- Post-appointment support and mentoring
- Access any financial support for which you may be eligible
- 77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive;
- 76% say that Apprenticeships provide higher overall productivity;
- 80% feel that Apprenticeships reduce staff turnover;
- 83% of employers rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
- Two-thirds of respondents believe that their Apprenticeship programme helps them fill vacancies more quickly, whilst
- 88% believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce;
What will it cost for an Apprentice?
Like all employees, apprentices must still receive a wage. The National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. However, as skills develop, many employers tend to increase wages based on a performance bonus.
All apprentices aged 19+ and in the second year of their apprenticeship must be paid the National Minimum Wage for their age.
For further information on taking on an apprentice contact AMG Training on……………..
Apprentices changed the way our business operates for the better! We were able to choose our apprentice, and offer them a great incentive to come and work for us, at an affordable rate for our business, with great government incentives. Our growth, was accelerated by the use of apprentices.
Dan Pye – Director of Dark Matter Group